A Victrola (c.1910) was donated by Bob Raynor and refurbished by Marty Himes. It is on display in the map room, crank it up and listen to some of our 78 rpm records, including Billy Murray who lived on Southside Avenue.
On loan from Margie and Henry Lenahan, a metal sign from the Freeport Daughters of Liberty, founded in 1903. The group was the women’s auxiliary of the Junior Order of United American Mechanics. It was a Nativist group that was restricted to native born, white American women aged 16 or over. Over the years, the organizations dropped its exclusionary policies and became a standard insurance society.
From Dr. Joseph Cacciatore, memorabilia from the Freeport Enrico Fermi Lodge of the Sons of Italy. He donated a bronze plaque, a table with their banner and a lion statue, minutes, membership lists, and assorted programs. The Sons of Italy met on the second floor of the building on the north east corner of Merrick Road and Guy Lombardo Avenue.